Emergency! Help! 02 problems

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kcbrad, Sep 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Good question,but i've never dealt with velvet so idk?

2. Click Here!

3. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Marine Ich, Velvet or Coral Fish Disease - Learn to Diagnosis and Treat Oodinium

You may want to read up on this... one symptom that is always present with velvet is gasping for air. It may have been that you had it in the tank and when you moved them (stress) it accelerated the symptoms. Did you recently add anything new to the system other than the sand, either before or after the move? Was it a brand new tank?

I know the article is bleak, but you can beat it, you just need to act fast if that is truly the case.

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I don't think it's velvet...it's never been in the tank before and I didn't add anything else new to the tank. Just the sand, and yes, it is a brand new tank.

I guess it could be ich? But I haven't seen an ich outbreak in over 2 years and they have never acted like this before.

I just don't know how it could be an oxygen issue. I have a filter going on high, plus a koralia agitating the heck out of the surface of the water. But I'm just at a loss. I guess what makes me think it's oxygen is the gasping, plus the hanging out at the top of the water.

Oh, and my clown was hanging out where the filter water flows back into the tank. Which also indicated to me lack of oxygen.

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I really don't know then. Unfortunately, I am out of thoughts. You may want to repost under another title (since it may seem like you already have an answer from 25 posts) and see if anyone else can help.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck. I will keep trying to think of things.

2 people like this.
  6. grinder37

I know you washed the new tank out,but just askin?

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yep! Washed the tank out.

I thought everything was going so well after the tank transfer :(

8. Click Here!

9. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Do you only have the three fish that you referenced earlier in the tank or are there other fish/ inverts/ corals?

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Kacy this stinks. Do you have any Prime to add to the tank?

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

OMG now my firefish is trying to jump out of the tank frantically.

I added Prime. I have 4 fish in there. 4 small fish. They've been living together fine in 37 gallons for 2 years!!

12. grinder37

then you have me stumped to,i agree with Astrick, change the title to get some other thoughts on it.It may be getting overlooked.And welcome to 3reef Astrick.Good luck Kacy