Emergency!!!Clown is now just laying near the bottom of tank and breathing very hard!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Claic Yuzolt, Dec 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Claic Yuzolt

Claic Yuzolt Bubble Tip Anemone

Here are the pics. The weird thing is all of my parameters are correct and have been for a very long time. I do 6 gallon water changes every week and he just started to eat less and less until he stopped wanting to eat. Also, the healthy clown keeps bumping him like he is trying to get the other one to come back and be healthy! It's heart breaking! What do you think I should do?

Also, sorry for the music in the background. Friends were playing rock band.

MVI_1162.flv video by ClaicX - Photobucket

MVI_1159.flv video by ClaicX - Photobucket

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

What kind of filtration and flow do you have for your what sized tank? It is possible there isnt enough oxygen in the water...

4. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

My clown did the same exact thing and within a few hours it was dead. Sorry to hear of trouble your fish is having. I never knew what killed it.All my water params were fine and the other 4 fish in my tank were fine. I wish I could help, it was really hard to witness. I even tried getting him into a qt so I could use some meds but nothing worked.

5. bigdaddyreefer

bigdaddyreefer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

A fish hanging around the bottom of a tank would suggest a low oxygen problem, but if you have another clown that is not exhibiting this behavior this is probably not the case. Another possibility (however a remote one) is that the fish is succumbing to old age. Can you see anything visibly wrong with the sick fish? How are it's colors? Can you see any bruises or cuts?

6. Claic Yuzolt

Yes it has Hole In Head I am pretty sure. I have a Koralia 1 running plus my filter is pushing out a lot of flow also. I think he is just sick and having some troubles and I can't fix it.

He is also losing color, I moved him to the QT tank and he started swimming around more but looks to have lost more color there.

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Usually when there is low oxygen the fish are at the surface attempting to gain what oxygen they can.

As for this fish, it sounds like it has hole-in-the-head disease. I hope for the best.

8. Click Here!

9. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

it sucks, but it's toast.

10. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

Wow, thats not sugar coating it.

11. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I dont see why everyone gives up faith on fish when they show sign of illness... If thats your attitude yeah its gone...

Think positively people! Granted things need to be fixed... If I would have given up hope on my achilles the 1st time he flashed a rock, I probably wouldnt have him to this day!.

12. Claic Yuzolt

Yeap after moving him he is laying on his side in the bottom so I am pretty sure its all over. Sad, does this mean its ok for me to get a replacement or should I wait and make sure its not a tank problem?

I mean the other is doing fine, I think the fish was like that coming from the LFS because my tank is fine and I was feeding a mix of brine, mysis, and flakes all soaked in garlic.