Emerald Crabs and hermit crabs

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by meagan1823, May 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IHAVEMTS

IHAVEMTS Fire Shrimp

Hermits,snails and shell less crabs are all fun to watch they are entertaining. I had a few people want to come over to see them and not the fish. But yea hermits can be "shellfish" they are thugs of the sea.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

For some reason, emeralds just don't last in my tank... they always die in a rather short time period... probably a food issue, but I'm not sure.

My blue hermits are multiplying. I have more now than when I first added them. It's neat and annoying :cheesy:

A few of the hermits have learned that they can climb the corners of the tank... All the way to the top. Weird.

4. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Mine are too! We added them all at once, probably less than 10, but now I have big ones and very tiny ones, and everything in between - no clue how many. Must be all the "free housing" I throw in there.

Also, I have tiny banded trochus snails. I found them when I was looking at the rock with a magnifying glass......yes, I look at my rock with a magnifying glass....doesn't everybody???? :smart:

5. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I look at my rock with a magnifying glass too. Its hard to see all the little life running on it without one.

6. meagan1823

meagan1823 Purple Spiny Lobster

Well I just picked up 1 emerald crab, 4 marguarita snails, and 2 blue legged hermit crabs.
    I drippid acclimated them for an hour and a half and then added them to my tank.
    So far the hermits and snails have gone straight to work but I havn't seen the emerald crab since I put him in.

The crabs name is Crabman from My Name is Earl.
    I thought it to be fitting.

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I got a bag of shells from Ebay pretty cheap.