Emerald crab dead or molt?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Louzir, Aug 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Louzir

Louzir Flamingo Tongue

alright so its not like he is waiting to come out or nothing right? just camping inside with a camp fire waiting for the right conditions to come and play hes over for sure and dead as a smashed crab goes

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

:( sadly, That's what it seems.

4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

That second picture makes it look like there is still muscle in the legs. Not much reason to do anything IMO. It's not like you have to remove it if it's dead. Who knows--could be alive. Give it time. Good luck.

5. Louzir

Louzir Flamingo Tongue

must have crushed him while i was moving the LR out :\ anyway hes flushed........
    quick question you guys know if a Firefish and a Green clown Goby for a 10gallon reef would be an ok pair?

6. Louzir

Louzir Flamingo Tongue

wow hmm didnt seem so eyes and all are still there no life at all and he had a very faint rotten stink to him i know my red leg hermit has molted 4 times since ive had it shocks me the hermit outlived him though

7. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Moot point now since he's flushed, but if you smelled a "stink" then yea, he's gone. Sorry to hear.