Emerald Crab 100% Reef Safe?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Covey, Jan 16, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Regarding them being 100% reef safe, I've read some posts from people that claim they can be fish killers. No experience here, just passing it along for what it's worth.

2. Click Here!

3. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Since I dissed the thing I guess I have to come back and say that is behaving itself nicely now. I saw it on a colony of zoos and leaped off the couch. Only to see it carefully pick the bubble algea off of the the zoos without hurting them. Go Crab.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That's cool. :)
    Hey Covey I'm curious how your coral 'six-pack' is doing. You should upload photos to the photo gallery.

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I wish I could but my camera takes real crumby close ups. It always auto focus one something it shouldn't. Cleaning the glass doesn't help, lights on lights off nothing works. As far as the 6-pack goes there all still alive. The devils hand isn't growing that good, from what I have heard it is from it being in the tank with my SPS. The toadstool is twice its original size(still small). The sinularia is starting to look real good. It is about 4" inches tall and branching. The most sucessful coral by far is the star polyps which grow like a weed. They are adleast 4x the original size of the frag! Like I said in one of the earlier post the zoos have some bubble algea on them and I think I will have to get some more emerald crabs.

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

one thing...if u want mexican crab turbos....get them small...they knock everything over!!!!!! this is refering to gravit talking about his crab knocking stuff over....i got this elephant sized turbos lol...they rule and eat everything but....they knock my acros alot...