Elos Fish Foods

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by jr.renzo, May 20, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jr.renzo

jr.renzo Plankton

Has anyone tried the Elos line of Fish foods. There is a Elos Aqua Studio locally to me and the salesman said that it is the best food on the market. What do you think?

JR

2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

What was he saying? Do you remember any key points?

4. jr.renzo

jr.renzo Plankton

He said it was like buying Eukanuba food for your dog and asked how much I loved my fish. I remember higher protein and less fillers, don't remember his whole pitch.

JR

5. Renee@LionfishLair

I don't know if I would have listened past there. That's such a cheesy sales pitch and everyone does it for everything. One should be able to sell their products on merit, not guilt. But at any rate, I just started fishing around on there site to see what it's all about. From what I see so far, it's certainly Eukanuba prices.

6. Renee@LionfishLair

They don't have nutritional analysis on there. Pooey.

We all know Elos is known for their "quality" products. Let's put it this way....... They have a 75 gallon tank on their site for $3,579.99. Is it a nice tank? Yes indeed. Would I be proud to own it? Yes indeed. Is it necessary to be successful and have an awesome experience in this hobby? No.

Food follows the same spectrum as the rest of the stuff in the hobby, some can afford and must have the Elos, some people will try to get away with buying poo poo from China. The safest for your fish, peace of mind and pocket book, is to get the middle class people's proven high quality items.

I've kept my Orange Spotted Filefish alive for over 4 years now. If you don't know much about that fish, they are known to starve to death in quick fashion. I've fed her mainly Spectrum small fish pellets. She's my favorite fish, and if there's an earthquake, I go to her. But I won't be switching foods as the spectrum is a beautiful product.

Does that make sense what I'm trying to say at all?

Maybe I should add that you kind of find out who your favorite fish is when there's a earthquake and you have a bunch of tanks to protect. Before the OSFF, I ran to the expensive fish :)

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  7. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I have the Elos Pellets. They have no phosphate high in protein. They are definitively pricey, but my fish do love them.

8. Click Here!

9. Renee@LionfishLair

Does your packaging say phosphate free. All I'm seeing on their site is "reduced".

"Many types of seafood contain various inorganic phosphate salts intentionally added to them as preservatives. Using aluminum cans/bags and packed in a controlled atmosphere, we reduce the need to use preservatives thus significantly reducing the level of phophate released to the water."

10. pgoodsell

The pellets say Phosphate free I think. Ill look when I get home. They come in a can with a screw on lid, keeps them fresh, the pellets sizes are smaller than most other pellets I have used, which helps my smaller guys eat them. All in all I really like them, colors of fish have been great on them. I only have 4 fish and alternate feeding frozen and these so they have lasted me a long time. In a bigger tank with more fish they would get pricey fast.

11. Renee@LionfishLair

Ya, I think those are the ones I am referring to.

Does the side of the can give a nutritional analysis? I'll call them if it doesn't.

12. pgoodsell

I grab it when I go home for lunch at 12. And ill post the nutritional info for you.