Electric Bill ?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Fuzzyfishog, Nov 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fuzzyfishog

Fuzzyfishog Bristle Worm

ardo_ski that stock tank looks like it will do the trick thanks for the info :)

2. Click Here!

3. naperenterprise

naperenterprise Astrea Snail

Man my bill is between $350 - $400 a month... Its killing me.
    I've been considering shutting down my 440+ gallon reef to try to cut the bill back...

Power Bills suck!

We all need to put our heads together and try to figure out a better way or powering up things.

I've been meaning to look into things like solar power panels designed to run the aquarium hobby....

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Dude, you have a 440+ system, of course your E-bill is going to come back high. I can only imagine all of the equipment that you must have. Luna

5. Fuzzyfishog

Fuzzyfishog Bristle Worm

This is kinda off the main subject but it's a need to know before I get a pump . How many GPH do you want through the sump ? I plan on having a fuge above the main sump draining into the sump ( heater and protien skimmer in the sump ) the display tank is a 90G

6. naperenterprise

naperenterprise Astrea Snail

Yeah having a big tank is awsome... But didnt really think ahead when I started it...lol

Nothing in life is perfect I guess... haha

7. fishoholic

fishoholic Purple Spiny Lobster

Dude you have to post some pics of your 440gal I'm sure we would all love to see it.

8. Click Here!

9. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

to run my 90 with 608 watts of t5/mh 11 hours a day, 2 250 watt heaters, a vortech mp20, mag 9 return, tunze 6045, euroreef skimmer rs135, and a lil pump for my reactor i pay 60 bux a month

10. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Mine is around $.105. I just figured it up and it cost around $23 a month just for my lights. But for some reason I never have noticed a difference in my electric bill. Maybe I made a lifestyle change when I got the tank?!?!

11. nctinter

nctinter Skunk Shrimp

Mine is around 300 a month cuz of a pool and my tank and kids. I just got a letter saying it is going up 25% in January. Right now it is .21/kw....Highway robbery.

12. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I put the hot tub on and it added 30 bucks. I put my sons 150 gallon stingray tank it added 20 bucks I added my 220 gallon reef tank and added another 45 bucks on. They get you every way they can! Everything that looks good cost allot! You should see what my wife cost me HAHA.