Eheim 2227 here

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by dfurbee, Dec 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Hello! I know at least two people who run Eheim 2229 and HOB Deltec MCE 600 skimmer. Everything runs fine. It always depends on the capacity of your tank. If You have nano tank (10,20,30g) you will observe alternation of the water level, since Eheim (2227) can pump up to 1 gal of water from your tank, (Eheim 2229) approx. 2 gal. If your tank is bigger (55,75 etc...) you should observe only marginal changes in the water level. I'm using Eheim 2227 (in my 75gal) sumpless tank (and internal skimmer - Deltec MC 500). Eheim is wonderful! Very silent, does the job perfectly, and creates very pleasant wave effect inside the tank. It is supplied with very efficient polished glass filter medium (Ehfi Substrat Pro). The only thing one should remember is to protect the inlet pipe of the filter with some sponge material to prevent some bigger particles from being sucked. In the world of canister filters, it is the best thing you can get!

Cheers!

2. Click Here!

3. kooma

kooma Plankton

Thanks All! You've sold me. Now the question, I have a 90G with a MCE600 as well. 12 fishes and various corals... med load is what I consider it...

Should go 2227,2229,2327,2329? Anyone have any experience with the 23XX series? I am assuming this is the only line of Eheims suitable for marine?

Also, do these filter have any micro bubble issues on the return water to the tank?

If there is a power failure with this unit will it:
    - overflow?
    - auto start when power returns?

Any other con's for these filters? I got burned bad on my last purchase on a filter and do not want to go through that again.

Thanks all... I appreciate not getting flamed to death on the no sump thing.... some boards are brutal... :)

4. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Hey!

I've got Eheim 2227. It's perfect. No micro bubbles issues at all. The only difference between 2227 and 23XX series is built-in 180W heater. That's all! I assume you have got decent heating installed in your tank already ?! Eheims are very expensive, however they are quality built and always work!

Good luck!

5. janetscorpio

janetscorpio Plankton

Help! We have just bought our first tank and are having problems setting up the Eheim 2227, how do we prime it? There will be more questions but for now that is the most urgent one. Many thanks, Janet. PS I'm new to this aswell so if I make a mistake please accept my apologies in advance.