Ecotech marine payment plan?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by SnooknRedz, Dec 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Wait till they give out free pizzas for signing up for CCs! I had a CC for 3 years and never knew it.

2. Click Here!

3. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

I hear ya bro. We're rowing the same boat. Im going to go the koralia route as well. I could sell my tank, sump, skimmer, and my entire 20 gallon and buy one. But that's like sellin your truck for gas money.. Lmao. I might just hire an illegal immigrant to stir the water in my tank. Bet it still be cheaper than a vortec.

4. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

I think lay away would be the most practical for them. That sounds like it would bring in more customers.

And as for the price, if its 500 bucks and people are still buying them then why would they lower it? Plus if you have never had one you don't know how freaking awesome they are lol worth every penny imo.

5. SnooknRedz

No I agree from a money making stand point I wouldn't either, heck no, and I now this little discussion isn't gong to persuade CEOs of Eco tech to rethink their strategy. Just an alternate way of getting that 500 to them is all I suggest lol.

With this site, YouTube and others I know how "awesome" they are believe me
    Man, I wouldn't have this convo other wise. It may be worth every penny, If
    You have those 50000 pennies to shell out for it that is. the price tag is all I'm not so awe inspired about.

6. SnooknRedz

Ouch.. Is that resolved. I pray that doesn't happen to me. Reason being I still don't have one. I don't wanna end up being a victim.

7. Alfie uk

Alfie uk Feather Duster

How about a used one, they go for about half price in the UK for the 40's ;)

Yes you will still have to save but it will only be half as long :)

There are so many people here selling up systems now due to losing jobs or just having to tighten their belts that there is a constant flow of used equipment/ corals etc going cheap.Just a thought ;)

8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

I didn't want to dish out 50000 pennies either, that's why I bought one used for 30000 pennies lol

10. SnooknRedz

Bahaha! I could look for a used one. But nobody sells em cuz theyre so kick butt, but like alfie uk said there might be a deal out there, just not around me. No worries I'll look again.

11. gamertag

gamertag Astrea Snail

It brings up an interesting point and economic argument/lesson. Nothing is sold for what it costs to make. Value is all based on what someone is willing to pay. Pick anything and you have to look way beyond the cost of the widgets that go into the final product. Look at art for example. A painting that may take a matter of a few hours to make can sell for thousands of dollars. as far as the pumps the actuall units are probably not more than 2-3 times more expensive for the components than a cheaper PH. But if korelia is going to sell 10,000 units and the mp series is going to sell 2,000 units they need to be able to pay for R+D for the MP series plus fund the R+D that is going into the next amazing thing that they have up their sleeve.

It is a bummer though I hear ya. I haven't sprung for one yet solely because of the cost. I remember being in college and just after when you get into a hobby or start looking at cars or whatever and realize that you want a porsche but can afford a Kia. It gets better with age in theory but hobbies get more and more expensive so it's all relative. I used to think snowboarding was the most expensive hobby imaginable. Reefing is bad, but car racing is worse !!!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  12. Alfie uk

Alfie uk Feather Duster

incidently I just sold my mp40 and replaced it with a tunze 6055 and controller

Vortechs are good but too noisy in my opinion, Ive had the 10 and the 40.
    My system is set up in the living room so I have made it as silent as possible so the vortechs were clearly audible, in comparison the Tunze is silent :)

Everyone to their own though ;)