Ecopico & two Nems?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Broaner, Dec 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

I currently am housing a Sebae anemone of medium size in an ecopico at my work. I have one black clown and it hosts nicely. I'm interested though in a RBTA also and a porcelain crab. Will this work or will the nems be in constant battle with each other? Or if an RBTA is not an option can a porcelain crab and clown host the same nem?

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

no way dude, you shouldnt even have one nem in that tiny tank! if that things dies the tank will imediately crash, even if you take it out right away. and chances are it will because nanos are very unstable expecially for hte first few months. and adding another anemone? that would be insane in such a tiny tank, they would kill eachother eventually.

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

FWIW, sebaes are one of the hardest nems to keep.
    In that size tank, i would stick with one or the other.
    I kept a gbta in my biocube 14 and it did fine until it got shredded by the powerhead, so just make sure you keep your powerheads covered. Fortunately it was only in the powerhead for 15 minutes or so, so none of my SPS died, it was just annoyed for a day or two.

5. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

So its a no go. Thanks.

I've successfully housed this nem for 6 months in a 29 biocube. I'm not worried about keeping it alive I do nearly full water changes with change water from my home system as needed. I am worried about if they will fight and they will so... Now what hardy softies can I put with it that will withstand its abuse besides mushroom and ricordia?

Overall, I'm going to let this tank do its thing. Its got aptaisia's and I don't care one bit. Everyone at work could care less what it is as long as its something cool to look at.

6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

No, a medium sized Sebae would be significantly bigger than your tank. These will get 30", or so. 18" or so would be "medium".

7. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

a 29 gallon tank is much much different than a tiny pico tank. pretty soon it will grow like said above and kill off everything in your tank.

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

A sebae nem will kill most coral.

10. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

Yeap, thats why I took it out of my home tank. Some softies seem to survive extended periods of contact but I didn't want to risk my LPS so the desktop EcoPico is born.