ecoaqualizer

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by botie, Mar 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. botie

botie Feather Duster

has anybody used those ecoaqualizers i wounder how good they work

2. Click Here!

3. Fish Fan

Fish Fan Fire Worm

What ever you do, don not purchase one of those things. They are a rip off and not worth a dime. They are made up of plastic pipe and a few small magnets. Save your money or better yet take the money that one of those things cost and use it to buy a bigger skimmer. Just my 2cents.

1 person likes this.
  4. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

haha ive never even heard of it... what does it do?

5. botie

botie Feather Duster

thankx fish fan i looked at it and read the prod spec and it just looked like a rip off thankx for the info im not spending the money. It rips you off godbert lol

6. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

haha good to know i will steer clear

7. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

i think it is supposed to use evaporation to cool tank......was on 3reef radar while back......

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

1 person likes this.
  10. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

oh thats the ecocooler....NVM thats the thing that supposedly cleans the tank of IONS! Man, i wonder how lucky all those without it have been, i mean keeping fish AND corals healthy and prosperous without and ION removing stick!

11. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

it's like perpetual movement :D

12. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Another testament to human nature. Where one can take advantage of another, one usually will. They had a good run, I suppose. Probably made a bundle of cash; the whole time laughing at the gullability of their patrons.

There are plenty of products out there that fit this bill.
    Head On. . . Apply directly to the forehead!! They were so wildly successful, they came out with about 4 other products. Activon is one, the other 3 names I don't remember.

There's another company that sells topical glucosamine chondroitin for joint improvement. FDA studies say that it's inconclusive whether or not this stuff works even when taken internally!

What about Smiling Bob, the fellow from the "male enhancement" commercial. That (@$& song is STILL going through my head. I whistle it almost daily!

How about laser treatment to quit smoking???

It's amazing how people will flock around an idea because someone else says it's worth it.

I remember when I was 8 years old I talked my dad into letting me buy a pair of X-Ray glasses from the back of a comic book for about a dollar. He agreed, but to teach me a lesson. It only took that once for me to realize how impossibly dishonest people can be.

I'm completely convinced all these TV Ads make their money off shipping. They give you a "money back guarantee. . . " If not satisfied, just send the product back for a FULL REFUND (less shipping and handling). Ever notice that shipping and handling fees are never disclosed on these commercials? Call one of 'em and ask how much it is. I bet if you take the:
    Shipping and Handling Charges: $ X
    Subtract the Purchase price: - $Y, you'll have a positive number.
    Z: the amount of profit they make on every unit returned.

Just think. . .if every single unit gets returned, they still profit. And imagine the countless folks who, after realizing they've been "had" decide it's not worth their while to shell out the money to return the product. Think the bogus company relies on that? You bet they do.

It's a funny paradox that the dishonest can prey on the trusting.

I guess the moral is to always look at the source. Think objectively. Does the other party have anything to gain by me listening to them? If they do, chances are they have ulterior motives.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008