Ebay LEDs

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by vuduz06, Nov 8, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vuduz06

vuduz06 Plankton

2. Click Here!

3. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

It is unfortunate that they don't provide any real information about that fixture on there. 3 watt diodes are what you want but I am skeptical since that is the only information it is giving.

4. delreefer

delreefer Astrea Snail

the unit is only 120 watts. their 3 watt but ran @2 to 2.5 watts each. not enough , you would need two of them for good coverage for a 75. and no controlablility

mdbostwick likes this.
  5. dandk2261999

dandk2261999 Bristle Worm

I have a 75 gallon with ebay LEDs. Here is what I have found:

They are powerful but lack light wavelengths in the 400-460nm range.

For a 3x months I ran the LEDs and growth was good but had no color on my SPS corals. Also I had an increase in algae.

I then for 2 months ran only 4 T5 bulbs. AquaticLife dual lamp fixtures x2. I found that the growth stopped but color improved.

I have now incorporated the T5 fixtures and the LEDs and I am starting to see growth and color.

The ebay lights are OKAY, but in reality they lack the proper spectrum to really get growth and color.

I soon will be running an experiment with a Radion Pro on one side of the tank and an Ebay light on the other in order to see the difference.

mdbostwick likes this.
  6. vuduz06

vuduz06 Plankton

Thanks for all the help! I think for now i will replace my bulbs and save up for quality LEDs.

7. proreefer

proreefer Feather Star

I have 3 tanks with the leds on ebay and have no problems with them I would buy them again.I have the marsaqua brand color is great and growth is also you will need two units for a 75 I have 3 units on a 220 g and I love them very much

8. Click Here!

9. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

I run a pair of eBay LED's on my 90 gallon and have zero complaints. Everything grows like a weed. That and no heat or power issues to boot!

10. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

There are some better versions available on eBay and the like.