Ebay LED good for a 54 corner?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Greg9MM, Mar 15, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

I converted my 54 corner too SW and want to keep a few anemones. Would one of those 165 watt chines boxes on ebay be enough?

2. Click Here!

3. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I havery 2 over my 90 and they're doing great for my corals. Don't see no problem with using them for anemones. If you're unsure on quality look around on the net and their was a post by someone on another forum where they do a comparison between a Radion and these ones and pretty much the radion only had a slight upper hand on power consumption and didn't put oft as much heat. Not saying the Chinese don't heat up stupidly but you can feel them getting kinda warm. Look for the full spectrum panels and you'll be golden.

Edit: should note that you should only need one I think. one panel can cover most of my 90 if I set it up high enough (10" or so). You don't want to buy 2 and cross the lights and have a chance of burning corals. Someone stop me if I'm wrong :p

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I use 3 of them over my 180, my avatar is a very recent side shot of my 180 with the chinese/ebay LED's.

5. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

I finally got it and kinda rigged it on the tank for now until I am able to hang it. So far I love it, looks great and isnt loud at all. Any suggestions on how high over the water to hang it?

6. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

how deep is the tank? That will help you with height

7. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

Its about 21 inches deep.

Oh and the only thing i dont like about the lights..... the power cords are way too short.

8. Click Here!

9. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

my tank is 19" to bottom and I have light 14" from top. I figure with inch sand my lights are 32" from the bottom.