easy ?'s

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by wayne, Nov 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

Well I might just have to look for a light with those how many hours a day are your lights on for because I guess I could just have it set up to where they wood be on when I'm home so I can see ever thing goin on

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

you'll need a timer for your light to turn it on and off by itself so once you get corals you won't have to worry about doing it yourself. I don't have my timmer set up right so i'm doing it manually but i'll adjust it when i have time. How i want to set my timer up is for the blue bulbs to come on at 3pm, then at 4pm have the white bulbs come on, then at 9pm have the whites go off, then at 10 the blues. I just haven't figured out how to work my timer properly. This is just how i like to run my light schedule because i get off at the 3pm and prefer to see the tank when i'm home

4. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

yea im the same way i love lookin at what i made so thats about the same times that i wood have or maybe a little bit early so they are off early

5. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

where did you get all of your fish and clean up crew from ?

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Clowns were from LFS firefish was from liveaquaria.com and inverts were from reefcleaners.org

7. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

did the give you a deal on the them

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I would 100% recommend RC you can fill out a custom clean up crew from and he will suggest what you should get. LA is a very good place to buy from if no good LFS around you. Their a little pricey but have a 2 week guarantee and have a great reputation as well, they also always have a list of fish on sale

10. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

yea i didnt see any fish there and the bad thing i live on the east coast

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Liveaquaria might be your best bet then. Most of their fish come from here in California but they have a Divers Den that's based out in Wisconsin.

12. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

i have a long to go before i get to that point