easy ?'s

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by wayne, Nov 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

Where did you get your light from and can you post the link to it than all I have to do is order everything and get my base rock n make a stand and I will post it in the show off your tank from the start so everybody can see what I'm doin the tank will only take about a day to do so the long part will be waitin on everything to get to me

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

5. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

How deep did you go with your sand bed and why did you only use 40 lbs of live rock I'm startin with base rock I just know that it will take a little bit long to get goin so I can wait and my friend at the lfs sayed that I could put some cheap fish in rite away to make sure that every thing is ok I was goin to put in around 60 lbs and some little live rock in the fuge

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i have a 3" deep sandbed which was 60lbs. As for the rock, i originally had 80lbs all live rock, but then i had try to reaquascape but decided it was just to much so i took half of it out. I'm not sure about the exact number of pounds i have so i just kind of guessed. Base rock is a really good way to go and you can seed it with live rock rock. And as far as fish if your wanting a quick cycle some people use Damsels but they are mean as hell and are hard to catch and most people have to brake down the aquascape in order to catch it. The cheap fish will more than likely die during the cycle. A full cycclel can take up to 6-12 weeks. It really varies for people, some that used damsels only took up to 2 weeks, others 5, just really depends. Mine took extra long and took 11 weeks, but most seem quicker. A lot of people like to use raw shrimp to help cycle the tank, that's what i did. i think my test kits were bad and possibly the reason of a long cycle, but others who have used the shrimp idea didn't take as long either.

7. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

Yea I was goin 2 use 1 of the damsels so if I don't catch him than he can just stay but like you sayed he will most likly died

What kind of bulbs do you have in your light?

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

damsels are really hardy which is why people use them, and i think most survived during people's cycle. Just good luck catching them.

and for bubls reefgeek recommended 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI 1200k aquablue, and one UV Lighting Actinic white bulbs, everything looks great

10. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

Do u have the sun raise n sun set with them and when there not on do you have a light to where you cab still see everything (like moon lights)

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

no moon lights with the 4 bulb i think you'll be able to get it with the 6

12. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

Do u have the sun raise n sun set with them and when there not on do you have a light to where you cab still see everything (like moon lights)