easy dosing with this simple item

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by pink4miss, Jan 14, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i have been looking for a easy way to dose daily to my tank, till i get another dosing pump. since measuring things out is a pain from the bottle... found this while in walgreens Walgreens*Oral Syringe | Walgreens
    the white part fits into your bottle. the syringe measures up to 10ml place the the syringe into the top of the white part, tip the bottle draw up 10ml.... than each day you pull the syringe out and dose the 1 or 2 or what ever ml you want to dose. place the syringe with left over fluid back into the top of the white holder. this creates a seal. and is ready to grab to dose again the next day. since you only dosed 1 or 2 ml it still holds the rest, so no tipping just grab the syringe and dose, than place back on the top of bottle till syringe is empty. when the syringe is empty after a few days of use, tip again fill syringe and repeat :)

tip: wet the white part to get a good seal when inserting into the bottle the first time.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. jbraslins

jbraslins Teardrop Maxima Clam

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

1 person likes this.
  4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

your welcome :)

1 person likes this.
  5. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

You genius

This is perfect for me because I dont need to dose much and its hard to read in the little measuring cups that BRS gives you.

1 person likes this.
  6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

;D great! i found spoons and measuring cups to be messy. this is very clean. just be sure the white top is secure. i hold my finger on it when i tip the bottle to fill the syringe just in case.