"Easiest" euphyllia

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by jspicer16, Apr 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jspicer16

jspicer16 Bristle Worm

Just wondering what is the hardiest euphyllia coral? I had a torch but the clowns wouldn't leave it alone and in fear of it losing heads I traded it for some supplies and have missed it ever since... Are frogspawns or hammers more "durable" then torches? My clowns are small and tank raised, but they are rough on corals in the tank :( they bite and do headstands on everything

2. Click Here!

3. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

I would say frogspawns are the easiest and most common euphyllia, but there is still no guarantee it will do well if clownfish are hosting it.
    They are very cool though ;)
    Obviously they still need the once per week feedings too ;)
    JJL

4. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

IME, frogspawns are the hardiest. I have all three, a torch, hammer, and frogspawn. But on the other hand, if you have clowns that are that aggressive, then it might not matter.

5. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

I kind of agree with above, but would go further to say that IME, branching forms of euphyllia are hardier than the walling types...

6. jspicer16

jspicer16 Bristle Worm

Yeah my clowns are mean, they are tank raised ocellaris clowns, the biggest one is probably an inch and a half, and they are the only two fish in my thirty gallon. I put a huge toadstool in there and they get in it but not really full on host in it. I love the way euphyllias look with the ATI bulb combination I got today, and really want to purchase another soon

7. Zeyphon

Zeyphon Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I'd say branching hammer...