Each to Theiir Own

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by oceansurf, Mar 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

I love aquariums ! I have, since I have been 10 years old, but, what I have learned, through the years, is, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What may work for some, may not for others.

I love my nano salt water tank, but if I had to do it over again, would I set one up ? No ! It is beautiful & clear. Everything seems to change daily. The coral & occupants are healthy, but still, I prefer fresh water.

I love my aquariums. The water is crystal clear & the glass is spotless . I want nothing to obstruct my view.

I have one 15 gallon with 3 otocinculis, 7 zebras & a small parrot fish. It is very thinly planted with small real pants.

I have a 30 gallon community tank with 5 platties, 2 lemon swords, a school of 11 neon tetras, & 5 otocinculis. It is thickly planted with plastic ( yes plastic ) plants. Like I said, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The water & glass are crystal clear & I love to just sit & watch the fish weave in & out among the plants. That is not to say that, in the future, I won't gradually begin to replace the plastic with real, but I love it even the way it is now, with the thick plants, rocks & driftwood. If I do go back to real, it will be slowly this time. They got away on me &, if I were to give it another try, it would be plant by plant. I think I smothered them with love & care. They are not as difficult to grow as some would have us think. You can, just as I did, do too much too soon. Take it slowly. What's the rush ? This is suppose to be an enjoyable hobby afterall. I may add a few more occupants to this tank, but not until I see what I want. Space is limited & overcrowding, in my opinion, is not attractive.

Isn't it a wonderful hobby ? :) It requires a bit of work, but it is worth the rewards.

So, my advice is, go for it ! There are so many opinions out there, but do what works for you & ENJOY ! ! :cheesy:

2. Click Here!

3. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

how come you haven't upgraded you SW you don't know what your missing

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009