DYMAX CONTEST! By Bigalsonline.com

Discussion in 'Big Al's Online' started by Big Al's Online, Jun 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online 3reef Sponsor

CONTEST CLOSED
    Dymax Contest Overview
    WIN YOUR DYMAX IQ3!!!
    [​IMG]

The objective of this contest is to create the most attractive display possible using the Dymax IQ3 Pico Aquarium purchased through bigalsonline.com/ca within a 30 day period. The winner will receive a full refund for their Dymax IQ3 (approx $70 value).

Contest Steps

1. Call and order your Dymax Aquarium through either Thomas or Josh – Be sure to mention that you are ordering your Dymax for the forum contest. You will be asked for the forum name, and your username on that forum (The contest is being held on more than one forum, however, each forum’s Dymax contest is separate and you can only enter on one forum).

2. Set up your Dymax Aquarium within 30 days. You will have 30 days to set up your Dymax aquarium. All photos MUST be submitted by the final day of the contest to be eligible to win.

3. Submit your 2 to 5 contest photos. On the last day of the contest, you must submit your contest entry photos via email to [email protected] in order to be eligible to win. You must send a MINIMUM of 2 photos, as described in the “Photo Entry” section of Contest Details (Maximum of 5 Photos).

4. Forum Community Judging. The entries will have 1 week to be judged by your forum’s community. After 1 week, the top 3 choices will be selected as finalists to then go on to be judged by the Big Al’s Online staff.

5. Big Al’s Online Judging. The top 3 entries will be reviewed by the entire Big Al’s Online staff, and a single winner will be selected. This winner will have their Dymax IQ3 completely refunded back to the original card of purchase!

Contest Details
    Rules
    The contest will begin once a minimum of 15 members have entered the contest and have purchased the Dymax IQ3 through Big Al’s Online over the phone through either Thomas or Josh. To make sure everything is as fair as possible, and that each member has the same period of time to work with the aquarium, we will hold the orders until all the contestants have signed up, and ship the aquariums all at once. We will allow 7 days for shipping, at which time the 30 day count down will begin. After 30 days, contestants will be allowed to submit up to 5 photos that best represent their Dymax IQ3 display, to be judged by their forum’s community. The top 3 contestants chosen by the forum will be selected as finalists. These 3 finalists will then be judged by the entire Big Al’s Online staff, and a final winner will be selected.

Dymax IQ3 Only
    The ONLY real limitation is that you MUST use the Dymax IQ3 aquarium purchased through bigalsonline.com/ca. Any other equipment/livestock used may come from any source. You may set the aquarium up as a freshwater or saltwater aquarium. We want to see creativity and an overall attractive display. It does not matter if you have live plants/corals, or fake decorations. The Dymax IQ3 must not be physically modified; you may add or remove components such as filtration/lighting, but the aquarium itself must stay in tact (i.e. no drilling, cutting, dremeling of the aquarium itself).

Photo Entry
    When taking photos of the Dymax display for your entry, you must include at least one FULL SHOT that shows the entire aquarium including lighting etc. as well at least one CLOSE UP SHOT that shows the whole front panel of the aquarium (see example photos below).

Eligibility Limitations
    Big Al’s Online staff members, as well as family and friends of staff members are NOT eligible to win.

Example Photos:

Full Shot
    [​IMG]

Close Up Shot
    [​IMG]

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the contest in this thread!
    The contest

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Cool

What a great contest. I have always thought the Dymax was a cool pico for the money. Thanks to Thomas and all at Big Al's Online for the contest and giving 3reefers an opportunity to vote on finalists. 8)

I need to talk to the 'boss' about adding another aquarium to the house. haha. ;D

Aye I hear what you are saying but the focus here is 'display' not livestock. With careful planning I think one can easily get something going that would be worthy of an entry in the contest and not crash the next week. ;) That is my hope. Please use common sense here people and I am sure 3reef members will vote accordingly.

Again, thanks for the contest... Over the years I have struggled with contest ideas. I think this one is pretty exciting... and original!

matt

4. Big Al's Online

Not a problem Matt :)

We really want to promote this awesome little aquarium - this is a great opportunity to get some needed recognition on a fantastic product, while giving 3Reef the chance to receive their product FREE!

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

How large is this tank exactly? Love the look of it by the way, and a very cool contest idea.

6. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

thats an excellent idea. wish i was in a better financial position to play along at the moment.

i really like that example display there. really great scape.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

If only I didn't have to buy something to enter.

10. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

hrmm 30 days to setup? not much ya can do except grow algae or diatoms. nice picture of a bunch of green rocks should do though. no drilling?!?! shenanigans.

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Doesn't have to be a reef.

12. Big Al's Online

That is absolutely correct!

Besides, many folks that may try this contest on for size will probably already have an established reef display. It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to move a small piece of live rock, some established sand and water, as well as a few corals into another tank. There won't be much of a cycle to speak of.