Unresolved Dying lobo

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Sarah J, Jun 6, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Is this lobo capable if being saved?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2014.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Comments? Advice?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sarah J

Sarah J Plankton

I got this coral from my LFS last night for really cheap and was told it is a brain coral but I'm pretty sure it's a lobophyllia. Also, it's very pale pink in color, is it dead? I have a solarmaxx t5 H.O. 120v 60hz with moon lights light, a 75 gallon tank. 1.022 salinity. The tank is a year old, and pretty moderate water flow. What is ideal to feed it if it's sick? I know they only eat at night. Also, I read if you cut the septa back it can help it come back to life and prevents further infection/damage. (I'm not doing anything drastic until I get more solid advice) the lobo is currently in a low water flow zone and is on the bed of the tank, not on the live rock like in the photos. Help! image.jpg image.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Sarah J

Sarah J Plankton

I got this sickly red stripe lobo from my LFS and it looks to be very ill. I've heard they can come back but is mine too far gone? Any advice/ help/ insight I can get would be amazing! I have a solarmaxx H.O. 120v 60hz with moon lights light, a 75 gallon tank. 1.022 salinity. The tank is a year old, and pretty great water flow. What is ideal to feed it if it's sick? I know they only eat at night. Also, I read if you cut the septa back it can help it come back to life and prevents further infection/damage. (I'm not doing anything drastic until I get more solid advice) Also, the coral is now on the bed of my tank, not on the lr like in the pictures. image.jpg image.jpg

4. Drboomson

Drboomson Flamingo Tongue

He looks pretty gone to me, your salinity is way to low as well...needs to be raised up to 1.025-6

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Threads combined.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Leave it on the sand bed.They will feed at anytime so if you see the sweepers try feeding it a little. I wouldn't call it a goner by any means.
    Moderate flow is fine.;)