Dusted off the digi

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by CodyW, Aug 1, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

I finally took some time to take some shots of our 30 gallon oceanic hex, I'll update my sig soon to show what is going on.

We got some new fish yesterday, a scooter blenny who blends in a little too well. He's the best though, he's made me a huge fan of blennies.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our xenias are doing good, I found about 4 or 5 other little colonies forming all over the bottom of the tank from this one, they're getting big too. Anyone know what kind they are?
    [​IMG]

We also got a new 6 line but getting a pic of him was difficult. I forgot to get a whole tank shot :scholar: even though that was the intention the whole time. Hope you enjoy, I'm pretty pleased with our first attempt now I need to finish my 37 gallon.

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Looking Good. I love scooter dragonets as well, they are so interesting to watch.

4. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Cody, those are called clove polyps. Clavularia Sp. Hardy species. I'm thinking of getting a nice colony of some colorful ones.

1 person likes this.
  5. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

HA! Shows what I know :-[ Guess I should dust off some books as well...

6. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Think nothing of it, we learn as we go. You know, under good light and water params, those things spread pretty quick. I've seen near dead colonies saved by reefers and those things bounce back really quick. Once they flourish, they will look like a garden of flowers. Pretty neat coral. :p

7. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

They seem to be liking what I'm doing so I hope they start to really establish themselves in the bottom of the tank, it would be more reminiscent of my vivariums. Thanks again for the help, and not calling me out too bad :)

8. Click Here!

9. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Fire Worm

good lighting will bring them back i bought a piece of live rock that had those and now it is a colony!

10. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

Good to know! I just put my new MH up last week and have been slowly lowering it and they've gotten a little more red and more spread out. Now I just need to stop redoing my tank so they can grow :)