Duncan coral clown host.

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by theajo87, Jul 14, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. theajo87

theajo87 Astrea Snail

For the past year my pair of young clowns have been hosting my 20+ headed Duncan coral, but over the past few weeks one of the clowns has become very abusive to the coral nipping at it and thrashing at the open polyps. I'm not to concerned for the Duncan corals I believe them to be extremely hardy. maybe the clowns are becoming of age. The clowns don't show any aggression towards each other, other then the shaking dance every so often .. don't know really just thought i would share..

when the clowns first hosted the duncan:
    [​IMG]

Today:
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Great Duncan.

My clown occasionally resides in my Duncan and my Duncan does not like it one bit.

Shaking is a good sign of submission very healthy.

Look at the Fire Fish photo bomb. lol

4. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

I have heard about clownfish nipping corals that they "accidentally" host. However, as long as you dont see any damage on the duncan coral its fine. But when the duncan coral is closed up for such a long period of time can never be good. I would reccommend trying to get an anemone that fits your clownfish. See if they will host it :) They usually prefer anemones over other corals.