DT's live Phyto

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Beamerhack, Jan 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Beamerhack

Beamerhack Coral Banded Shrimp

Anyone use this?

I was told it is a good thing to put in your tank at least 1 time a week to help out all filter feeders.

TIA

beamerhack

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

We dose one cap full every Wednesday for our feather duster and whatever else eats it. No ill effects so far, and nothing has died yet. It's what our LFS owner doses, except he uses a heck of alot more of per week cause he has a larger tank with more stuff. I really like it, but haven't been using the product quite long enough to really know stuff about it.

But, like I said, nothing has died yet due to it.

4. Beamerhack

Beamerhack Coral Banded Shrimp

Yeah I am questioning everyones opinion, I was told tap water would be fine as long as I treated it and let it be under a powerhead for 48 hours. I have found RO/DI is by far a better way of going. I was having cyano everywhere and enough to even give me false readings on my testing equipment.

2 weeks later after about a 30% water change with RO/DI and IO salt mix things are starting to grow like crazy and I dont wanna screw it up.

but 1 time a week does not seem like it is to much to me.

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

The size of the tank and amount of filter feeders you have in it is the real key. Whatcha got? :D

6. ptgestimator

ptgestimator Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Been using it for 6 months. Great stuff. My leathers love it. DT's just came out with a new copapod mix too. Haven't tried it yet though.

7. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I also use it too. I bought it primarily for my anemone, but it's not too crazy about it. It seems to like straight selcon better. But I do dose 2ml of it in my fuge twice a week to feed the pods in there.

8. Click Here!

9. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I don't use DT mostly because it is a mix of several different types of Phyto in a bottle and the smell comes from the fact that they are killing each other.

I use Phyto 2 and I dose about 25ML of each flavor in my 75 Gallon display tank 2 times a week. I noticed last night the My pod population has exploded since I started using it.

10. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I used to use DT until I was told about Reef Nutrions Phyto Pheast. DT worked fine except it took forever to get to the bottom unless I target fed. I like the new stuff better cause it sinks. And they have liquid pods.

11. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I don't use any of this stuff because it's just one more thing to pollute your tank. Every time you clean the glass, you are releasing small stuff into the tank that the filter feeders feed on.

12. macabe

macabe Purple Spiny Lobster

i sue it once evry other day keeps my softys heathy