DSB vs Plenum

Discussion in 'Sand' started by Guest, Jan 25, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi'
    New to 3 Reef and just starting an 80g reef. So far I have the tank and lots of ideas.

Does anyone have a serious opinion on DSB vs Plenum? They both seem to make sense but then so do the arguments pro and con. I guess I'm looking for someone who has tried both.
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. Click Here!

3. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Hi Daniel! I use a DSB mostly because im worried about detirus possibly collecting and nitrAtes soaring. I do have plenum in my fuge just to see how it would work out.
    join up its free!!!

4. arickosmo

arickosmo Astrea Snail

I ran a plenum for a year in a 90 gal. and thought of doing it again in my 120. The only, stress ONLY, reason I didn't is because I hadn't tried a DSB yet. I still have skepticism about DSB but no opinion or fact to base it on.

-don't trust anything your hear, only 50% of what you read, and be sure to verify that.

-and...there is no qoute that makes life or love any easier.

5. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Just make sure you go at least 3" 4" is better that way you get the best results

6. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

IF YOU USE LIVE ROCK 1.5-2LBS PER GAL THAT SHOULD PROVIDE ENOUGH ANEROBIC AREA