DSB Infauna

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by Thatgrimguy, Dec 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Do you (reefcleaners) sell a start kit for DSB infauna. Worms/snails/etc? I'm going to set up a 40b as a remote DSB/Fuge. 5-6" depth.

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Anyone know where to get such a thing?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

4. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

over time they just grow.

5. Beachbreak

Beachbreak Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Not at you Beachbreak but at IPSF
    Bahahaha I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard!
    $19.95 for 6 bristleworms. LOL Put "Aussie" in front of that and add a $100.

www.live-plants.com sells a refugium starter pack for $24 that is loaded with fauna you can see through the bag. Pods, stars, annelids.

But seriously OP if you have a tank with a mature bed, don't have gobies, hermits, sand sifting stars or any other micro fauna garbling critter just take a cup of that and put it in your new fuge. The fauna will multiply quick giving you the results you want.

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

My tank is still a baby. Only 6 months old and with a ssb. I can't seem to find anyone that can sponsor a cup of sand from a well established dsb either.

8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I've had success with GARF Grunge but it's not cheap. Besides that Leroy had a stroke, SallyJo has cancer and is trying to carry the organization on her own and having a tough time of keeping up with it.

I've ordered the kit from Gulf Eco Systems and can promise it has what you look for. Shipping is $14.50 no matter how many items you order.

OR

Just take a small amount of sand from your 6 month old bed and add it to the dsb. The fauna and microfauna or the same and the depth of the bed they come from doesn't matter. Replace any sand you take with new and it will reseed quickly.

10. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Thanks for that link, ive never seen that site before. I may get that pack for my fuge when its up and running. looks like a great deal.