Dry rock from reef cleaners

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by junior279, Aug 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. junior279

junior279 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I'm going with dry rock instead of live rock mainly for the price. Reef cleaners has 50lb of dry rock for $100. I have purchased some dry rock from Bulk reef supply and I like the quality but it's more expensive. Has anyone purchased dry rock from Reef cleaners and how was the quality?

2. Click Here!

3. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

4. riverchel

riverchel Astrea Snail

I purchased dry rock from reef cleaners, and I am satisfied with it. This is my first reef tank build though, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I showed a picture of it to my local fish store guy and he was impressed with the quality.

[​IMG]

I also purchased live rock from the local fish store to seed the tank, and I am in the process of uploading a video of what all the rock currently looks like on youtube. I'd say for the price, reef cleaners has some great rock! Plus the shipping is free and it got here quickly.

5. hydrologic

hydrologic Feather Duster

The 30lbs of rock I just bought from reefcleaners...the purple rocks were live rocks used to seed the rest.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346090821.569964.jpg

6. junior279

junior279 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Wow your tanks looks good. I have a 75 gallon reef ready tank i'm hoping to get setup in the next few weeks. Waiting for my pumping parts and pump. I built my own refugium out of a 20 gallon long.

7. hydrologic

hydrologic Feather Duster

Thanks!

Dry base rock is the way to go, no nuisances. I'm just hoping I didn't miss anything while examining the seed rock.

John's rock rocks! It's good stuff, very porous compared to other ancient reef rock I've seen and you can give him a general idea of what you want and he'll do his best to meet that. Just give it a good rinse in some RO water or in some water from a water change off of another tank if you have one.

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Another option is dry rocks from reefrocks.net. I think you can get the same deal there, but if you need sand, you can get it for $15 for 40 lbs. And it is prewashed sand that you really do not need to rinse out :)

But if you don't need sand, then either place will work! John @ Reef Cleaners is awesome to work with so you can't go wrong buying from them.