Dry food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by gkw, Feb 13, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

It really depends on the type of fish. I have a Mimic Tang that will eat pellet, flake, or frozen. It is not picky, except to the liverock in my tank :)
    As a matter of fact, all the fish in my tank eat just about anything I throw in there.

Jim

4. telman2010

telman2010 Bristle Worm

Same here. They eat anything I put in there. I've been told that dry food isn't the greatest for them. But my clown has grown very quickly eating it. I feed pellets about once to twice a week and brine for a treat.

5. gawlowski

gawlowski Astrea Snail

Use the dry food but watch that all of the food is eaten and does not go to the bottom. My experience is that some pieces of flakes are so small that they never get eaten. This will cause a problem with nitrates and may promote problem algae.
    I feed all my tanks brine shrimp. I watch to make sure as soon as some of the food reaches the bottom, I stop feeding and may even try to net some uneaten food out.

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Right now im feeding flakes with frozen as a treat :)

7. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

I use the Formula brand and Marine Bio Blend pellets and spirulina flakes. I also use Hikari freeze dried brine shrimp because its the only dry food my
    Copperbanded butterfly will eat. If your planning on feeding mostly dry food then bring your different foods with you to your LFS and see which fish will eat it before purchasing them. Not all fish will adjust to dry foods.