Drug-Tainted Asian Fish Slip Into U.S

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 3, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oh boy!

"Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana also have found banned drugs in imported seafood, according to statements by regulators in those states. The tests, conducted after the products cleared U.S. ports and were sent on for sale in grocery stores or restaurants, show the FDA isn't adequately protecting consumers from tainted fish, food safety advocates said."

Bloomberg Printer-Friendly Page

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

why am I not surprised?

4. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Im glad i dont eat catfish.

5. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

Many of those salmon and other stuff from china

HI,
    many of the countries like china , and south america donot have strict rules for raising farm raised fish and shirmp so I am avoiding all farm raised fish till i find out otherwise many of those fish at wally world and other chains are from china where they over crowd their stock and use the brilliant green and other stains to prevent infections in their stocks most of that is outlawed in the states due to the carcingenic properties.
    So be warned..
    Doug
    We used hear rumors about vegtables being grown in south america and mexico having nasty pestacides.
    Why are so many people getting all kinds of tomors and cancer in this country.. could it be the food.:eek: