Drilling a 40G breeder??

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by reefer_dane, Jul 4, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefer_dane

reefer_dane Astrea Snail

I am looking to buy a 40g Breeder from my local Petco while on sale. The 40 breeder they are selling are made by TETRA and I noticed they have a sticker on the bottom that say TEMPERED DO NOT DRILL. Anyways does anyone know if this means the entire tank is tempered or just the bottom? I want to do the bean animal overflow so will be drilling the back. Thanks for the help.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Normally only the bottom pane is tempered. Contact TETRA and see what they say.

4. reefer_dane

reefer_dane Astrea Snail

Thanks 2in10, will do that.

5. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Purple Spiny Lobster

Let us know what they say. Petco has always had aqueons, at least in recent years. Now they seem to have switched and it would be annoying if we couldn't drill tanks that we get for a dollar per gallon.

6. reefer_dane

reefer_dane Astrea Snail

I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning. I will let you know. My local Petco has 10, 20 and 29 gallon by Aqueon and Tetra but for some reason only Tetra in the 40 breeder. The sales employee said for some reason they only got Tetra breeders in this time. I know, disappointing to me as well, as I have been waiting for the sale to get an Aqueon 40g.

7. reefer_dane

reefer_dane Astrea Snail

Well, I just got off the phone with Tetra and.... the side panes are NOT tempered. Only the bottom is tempered. Picked up a a 40b and 29 gallon for my sump today. Will be starting my build soon.

8. Click Here!

9. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

odd. i bought a couple during the LAST $1 sale, and the ones they had were aquaeons, bottom not tempered. I know I drill them. lol. Wonder if maker just varies by area or something.

10. ROAST N BEEF

ROAST N BEEF Astrea Snail

I think if they you put the tank it in the sun a certain way its looks weird and you can clearly tell it is tempered.