Dream tank livestock

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Sataly, Nov 1, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

So I've been getting ideas for my very far in the future tank and I'm giving it the benefit of doubt to where I will not have a limit on how big I'll go. This is the stock list I have gotten so far and I wanted to get input on how big I should go if I wanted this. I may add more later so if you can get any other ideas let me know

2 blue jaw triggers
    7 barrlets
    1 blue tang
    1 cheveron tang,
    1 Achilles tang
    4 different kinds of gobies
    4 different kinds of wrasse
    5 garden eels

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

None of those need exceptionally large tanks. A 210 will take care of them. Providing it's at least 6', I'd prefer an 8' tank.

The eels will require a deep sandbed

4. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I figured they didn't need alot of room but never hurts to justify the awnser. I've heard the eels can do well going horizontal as a 12"+ deep sand bed isn't needed and doeant effect the well being of the fish at all. Could you think of anything else to add that would make the tank pop?

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Um I don't know where you heard that they don't need a deep sandbed but the fish simply will die of stress if it doesn't have at least a 12" IMO.

If you want to get a huge tank, a parrot fish would be cool. I'm a huge fan of the large wrasses too. Pilot fish, fusiliers, and snappers would be amazing.