Urgent Doughnut coral skeleton showing

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ipreferpie, Aug 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Here is the question though, is it skeleton that is "exposed" or skeleton that you can see thru the flesh? When they deflate thier skin gets pretty thin, but is still there.

2. Click Here!

3. ipreferpie

ipreferpie Plankton

Just double checked, there are 3 specific places where you can see the exposed skeleton poking through the flesh. There are another 4 parts that look quite thin and see through. That could've been due to the peppermints attacking the coral when I first put it in.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Google peppermint shrimp eating corals or lps. I know first hand that they do. Whether it's eating dead tissue is up for debate, but you do not need to stress the coral further with a peppermint shrimp picking at it.

5. yvr

yvr Skunk Shrimp

There maybe some necrotic tissue around the exposed skeleton. If you notice some rotting, necrotic tissue, I will dip the coral in an iodine solution lik Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure. The iodine-based dip will act as an antiseptic and hopefully kill and/or prevent the spread of the tissue necrosis.