don't know what it is or how to cure it.

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by nunch, Jun 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

a few weeks ago i thought a few of my fish (2 dominoes and dog face puffer) had ich. the two dominoes are fine and healthy now, but the puffer has started getting white specs in both of his eyes, a lil foggy too, it's gotten quite bad the last couple of days, and it really seems to be bothering him. he puts his eyes in the sand and then squints and closes his eyes to get the sand off, i think it gives him some relief. i also notice white specs on his fins, but nowhere else on his body besides right above his right gil he has a larger white spot almost looks like skin is missing, about 1/8" perfectly round.

i don't know if it ich or if it's an eye disease or a parasite, and i don't know how to treat it. maybe someone knows an all around treatment for various diseases, since i can't pin point this one

he's my favorite fish and i'd hate to lose him. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

i have no idea what it is but I have seen it before, one of the tank's at my buddies has a dogface puffer and a large panther grouper in it and his puffer has had the same thing before, went on for about 3 weeks then one day it was just mysteriously gone, no treatments, no nothing but regular water changes

I know this doesnt help but hopefully it gives you some hope for him

1 person likes this.
  4. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Nunch, sounds like that might be a secondary bacterial infection from the ich, but I can't tell you that I'm 100% sure.

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Ich has a life cycle. Its on the fishs body for a little while, then it drops off to lay eggs. Thus repeating the cycle. If I remember correctly, it has a 21 day (3 week) cycle.

6. ness.xo

ness.xo Plankton

how would you get rid of it if you have corals and all your fish have died?