does your other half hate your hobby?? (tank)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Hunt, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

You are not alone. My wife calls my tank (That stupid tank!) on a regular basis. She doesnt like me surfing the net for info and doesnt like the money I spend on it. My response when she starts complaining....get a hobby.

2. Click Here!

3. ChrisBs

ChrisBs Purple Spiny Lobster

kick her out lol

4. salt4me

salt4me Skunk Shrimp

She likes to look at it but says i spend to much time with them stupid fish lol. I try to get her to help me test the water and so on. I tell her what if something happened to me who would take care of my tank? I will learn then is her response.

5. FLfishGirl

FLfishGirl Fire Shrimp

LMAO :laughcry:

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

For a little while I thought my wife was getting into it. She enjoys watching the tank and whatever happens in it, but won't really help much with anything about the tank.
    I don't think she cares about the money I spend on it, since I haven't had much money lately. I think she also thinks I'm a nerd testing the water and looking through the refractometer but she likes it when I know a lot about any subject, in general.

So, basically, she's showing potential, but she's not helping or learning until she has to.

7. EvoCorals

EvoCorals Plankton

Nope she wants a shark tank

8. Click Here!

9. JMALACHI

JMALACHI Feather Duster

My fiance and I are equally addicted and since our first eBay winnings like a week ago, we both have got the eBay coral fever. She's awesome and supports it. We also had a 46 BF and after 5-6 months we upgraded cuz we had to have MORE!!! Lol. Speaking of which, our second eBay winnings will be home tomorrow!!! Woot!!

Love Should NEVA Be Limited©
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

Good comeback Ryland. All of these *****y spouses...do they have hobbies of their own?!?!? probably not. Their just jealous we all have so much passion about reefs. I've heard the same thing from my wife, "I should be your hobby", people are not hobbies, unless its an obsession kind of thing! Perhaps if we could control their power with timers, fancy electronics, and keep the PH stable, we would be more passionate about them. But their skin isn't fluorescent, nor rainbow colored so its just not the same.

11. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Not really my other half but my GF lives with me and I told her last night im looking at buying a much larger tank within the next year or so and all she said was well its your money but she helps out under duress. Im gone alot with the military so she steps up when im not there and cares for my tank sending me pictures every other day or so to make sure i think everything looks ok. She did have to fish a dead LTA out like the 2nd week she was living with me lol. I normally buy her a fish or somethign she likes as well as something I want.

12. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I'm not so much concerned with my girlfriend..I'm just glad that I finally have a roommate that doesn't mind tending to the tanks while I'm away. My prior roommate hhaaatteeddd just adding the two part every morning that I was away, let alone feeding, scraping, etc. I catch my new roommate in my room every now and then watching my mantis shrimp. She's more than happy to help out if I go out of town.