does your other half hate your hobby?? (tank)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Hunt, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

My girlfriend thinks I'm THE biggest nerd in the world. She secretly likes them though.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

:):)

4. rogersjw

rogersjw Skunk Shrimp

Same... But I think she figures there are much worse hobbies for me to have...

5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

My boyfriend helped me get the tank into my house, and has watched it grow over the last 10 months. He does come with me to a few of the LFS on occasion. He knows I really enjoy it and lets me do my thing with it, and I think he's learned quite a bit about it just by watching me do/talk about things. He'll even harass me about how much I spend on it, if I ask him to keep me in check. I did get a bit out of control for a little while. :angel:

I'm sure once we move in together, he'll force us to set up a seahorse tank :p

6. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I just tell her I could be spending the money on meth and prostitutes. her choice.

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I've said that before. She fired back with "I should be your hobby". I now keep my mouth shut when she complains about it or dinner.

8. Click Here!

9. mazaj

mazaj Feather Duster

my wife does not like to have anything to do with the maintenance of the tank, not even feed the fishes. she doesn't like to go to the lfs (she sais i spend too much time there) but she loves the tanks that we have and she likes to have her breakfast near the tank, it relaxes her b4 going to work. and she thinks that im becoming a nerd too, i guess this comes with the hobby.

10. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

There's no getting around it..you have to know what you're talking about in this hobby. And most of it is biological/chemical.

11. ManNurseReefer

ManNurseReefer Fire Shrimp

Yes and I am tired of it also. I've wasted enough time, money and electricity on this hobby which is why I'm getting rid of my equipment.

12. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

She will top off if she sees one blowing air but thats about it. I've already gotten rid of a few tanks and shes still not happy. I'm thinking of giving away a couple nanos and putting in an heat recovery ventilator. Shes always complaining about the humidity. It'll work out.