does your other half hate your hobby?? (tank)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Hunt, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I am in the same boat as you, "its all you do and think about is your tanks" and believe me I have heard it so many times its not funny. But you know I look at it this way, I have spent the last 20 years taking care of, paying for her 3 kids and mother so I just ignore her and keep on trucking!

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Well I had an agreement with my wife she said you can have any tank you want if you put a flatscreen in our bedroom this was upon building our addition 2 years ago she said you can have whatever fish tank you want lol.... I put a 52 on the wall with the 220 under it. since then she has gone with me fish shipping to not only the distrubution venders as we own a landscape and pond and fountain buisness. to setting up her own tank. since this started our son has also set up a tank for over 2 years now recent crash but re set up and now we all play whos the best in the house..... My tank clearly takes it but its with the familys help. I gave up racing national mx so this is what they allow me to do. I guess now I dont have my life on the line they accept this lol.

4. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

My wife loves the look of the tank.....She hates the cost :). She does like to go to the LFS (sometimes) and pick out the pretty stuff for the tank. As long as she can pick a few of the things out for it she really dont say to much about.

5. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

I'm with incognito on this one, my wife loves it as much as I do, she texts me pics of different zoas and acros and nem's and stuff(she don't know I've probably seen most of em)

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

My wife loves the tank and the hobby,just the cost part that she hates ;)

7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

:) Must be nice. haha That would be awesome.

8. Click Here!

9. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm

I want. I didn't even know that made such a thing... I think that will be my next tank.

10. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Well at first my gf wasn't very intersted, until I took her to a few fish stores and she realized the beauty. I told her Monday I found a used 4 bulb t5ho light that she could buy me for christmas. I told her how much it was, then told her how much new ones are. What happen next really shocked me, she said "oh, well ill just get you the new one so we know its in good shape". Guess she likes the hobby more than she leads me to believe. I'm lucky...

11. Hunt

Hunt Flamingo Tongue

she hates the price. and the time i put into it the most. i work about an hour and a half from home, and usually work a little over time, so i am not home much. she tells me that she thinks that the fish belong in the ocean not in a tank. she does not get to go in any really nice lfs, the only thing we have around here are all around general pet stores.

12. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Hunt....don't know how well it'd go over but you could tell here there are far worse things you could be doing/looking up online. ;) and if she enjoys your company then at least it's a hobby that keeps you home.
    For me any future sig. other has to at least like the tank cuz im not gonna put up w/them complaining about it later. My tanks brings me too much enjoyment to give them up.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010