does your other half hate your hobby?? (tank)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Hunt, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

Haha this is a great thred , my wife could care less about the tank, she does complain sometimes about the amount of time I spend in my office messing with it, but she has friends who's husbands spend more money at the bar everyday than I do on my tank, and she'd rather have me in the office with the tank than at the bar with the guys so she stays off my bad about it. Im in the process of talking her I to upgrading my MH/t5 combo light fixture to 2 radion LED's because they'll be cheaper in the long run, but 1500$$ is a hard pill to swallow...

2. Click Here!

3. Hunt

Hunt Flamingo Tongue

now that my tank has a little more in it my girlfreind sits there and looks at it a lot more. she threatens not to like it any more when i sit there and talk about it all night. when i was taking pics today she took the camera and started to take them. i guess thats her way of saying she likes it now.

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Don't know exactly how my gf feels- she can walk past my tanks 1000 times and never even give them a glance. She just says she doesn't understand why anyone would spend so much just to keep flowers and trees in an aquarium (she calls my corals "flowers and trees"... lol).

Any time I add something new, though, she give a sarcastic "Nice", then , "and how much did that cost?" Then she rolls her eyes and walks away when I tell her.

Guess it's her way of hating without being totally mean. lol