does your other half hate your hobby?? (tank)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Hunt, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

My wife doesn't mind how many tanks I have, which isn't always a good thing. She hasn't taken a lot of personal interest in a tank of her own, until we went to a reef meeting where they had a zero edge aquarium. (They also had a 1,400 gallon built-in tank:eek:). She really like the sleek look of it and wants me to build one for her office at work by the end of summer. She mainly wants it to keep the humidity high during the dry winter months to keep her orchids happy, but what the hey, it's a start. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

My wife so far doesn't like this hobby or my other hobby (always stating that I have 10000000 hobbies :) )...Then again I have had this 125 gallon fish tank on the floor in our spare room collecting dust for the last 2+ months now, as I slowly buy piece by piece. She always stating how much money I am spending and that I should be using it towards the house (okay I don't fault her for saying that) though I am almost done (need LR and Sand) and hopefully she wont be saying anything and will actually be able to sit back and enjoy all this hard work I have been doing.

4. Pennstatereefer

Pennstatereefer Feather Duster

My wife loves my dads tank and hates everything about mine! Reasoning is i dont have to pay for my dads tank, mess with it, and its free to look at. If you ask her i waste my money on it. I think she is jelous of the time and attention i put into it. I am a home body. But i am tanking opra's addvise, "if it makes you happy and it's not hurting anything, then by all means keep doing it". Life is to sort to do away with joys in it!!!!

5. doog

doog Peppermint Shrimp

My wife banned the tank to the garage/basement. However, now that our dog recently died, she's been asking how the fish are doing... Maybe that means I can move a tank upstairs someday...

6. xxbrianxx

xxbrianxx Plankton

well my ex gf was pretty interested...too bad she's my ex :cry:lol

7. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

The wife says my tank is "stupid" and I spend too much money on it. It was banned to the basement before I could even get it going. However, once I got her into a nice LFS she bought a couple of shrimp she liked. She now keeps bugging me to get an anemone that my clowns will host in.

8. Click Here!

9. Hunt

Hunt Flamingo Tongue

my other half is still off and on about if she likes my tanks or not. i started a tank for a company i worked for and they lease the system from me, so she does like the fact that my hobby is starting to pay off.$$ that is nice for me because now i have more of a reason to buy stuff for them. she can not even get as mad now because (its for the company).

10. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

My girlfriend loves to see the fish, feed them, get more fish. But hates that they are all I talk about and all I do, we have weekend where I can't work on the tank or go to the lfs

11. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

hahahah lucky, my GF only likes the fact that I have a *Nemo* other than that she could care less, and thinks I shouldn`t be spending my money on all this Fish stuff haha
    When will they ever come around

12. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Well, I'll put it this way, at first my wife was like "You're going to spend $30.00 on a fish? And now she's like "Hey, will those red shrimp with the white spots get along with your cleaner shrimp thing? Because I really like those red shrimp" and I said "You know, those 'red shrimp' cost $30.00 right?" and she's like "well, you did just get your Christmas bonus, and they look really cool" (just put the money down on my new Fire Shrimp today) "Fist Pump"

1 person likes this.