Urgent Does this anemone have a chance?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by roblox84, Feb 12, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. roblox84

roblox84 Bristle Worm

I just got this bubble tip anemone delivered and it is inside out and shedding some kind of flaky stuff from its insides. I was wondering if there is any chance of saving it or is it basically already dead? uploadfromtaptalk1360693297980.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

that sadly looks like a goner.

4. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

power head shred? maybe she could pull through. i suggest placing it in a heated water bucket add water from your DT and change 5% of it every other day of not daily. i would do this to avoid it fouling your water if it is on its way out however providing it with proper lighting might be hard this way

5. roblox84

roblox84 Bristle Worm

Nope, came in like that during shipping. I opened the bag and the water was sort of milky white with floating little bits of what looked like flesh.

6. Swisswiss

iv personally only ever seen a nem in that condition once and sadly it was one of mine after it got shredded by a power head. the milky white is classic of that as well as the filimets you speak of. if you got it like this i would call the shop up and give them hell.

this said the one i had did recover (before it decided to commit suicide again) but i left in my tank while it regained its energy....needless to say i did not sleep much those days.....
    a shredded nem can recover but as usual it needs good water quality. also the advantage of using the bucket idea i was telling you before is that if you have some inverts (who tend to eat on decaying/weak animals) will prevent them from pestering it, thus giving it further chances for recovery. but yea lighting is essential for them

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  7. roblox84

roblox84 Bristle Worm

Ok well I've got it in a bucket now so we'll see how it goes in a few days. I will also email blue zoo and ask for a credit again since this is the second thing that came in doa within two weeks.

But the anemone was only 24 bucks so it's not a big loss but it still sucks to say the least. I don't seem to have good luck with anemones, the first bta I had got caught in a powerhead.

8. Click Here!

9. Swisswiss

10. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

I had just gotten a bta and he got caught in the intake of my filter and got beat up pretty bad I woke up that morning finding little pieces of him all over the sand, I thought for sure he was a goner but he has pulled through nicely and looks amazing now and its only been a week maybe a week and a half

hopefully yours will have the same luck, if you got it from blue zoo you don't want to hesitate emailing or calling them, they even say that you need to notify them with in I think 1 hour of receiving shipment if you have a DOA

their customer service is usually pretty good though, I had gotten an order from them once and I was supposed to get a fuzzy dwarf lionfish, instead I got a lyretail anthias I emailed them and they said I could keep the anthias and they sent me the lionfish lol

11. roblox84

roblox84 Bristle Worm

Unfortunately the anemone was a goner. Today I come home and while changing the water in the qt I noticed that there was a hole through the middle of the bta and it stunk so bad. Blue zoo did give me the credit but I don't know if I want to risk having another one shipped to me and coming in the same way.

12. Likeajeenyus

Likeajeenyus Bristle Worm

I say LFS only for those. I try to avoid online purchases.
    Online prices are cheaper, but I feel the livestock is always way smaller than your LFS.

I've bought inverts and some come in totally missing arms/claws. You don't get to see what your getting unless its WYSIWYG.

Last shipment I bought the water temperature in the bags were 71 degrees. There were heater packs shipped in there. It came from Florida shipped to So California.