Does anybody know anything about a 30" current usa saltwater aquarium light

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by saltscrub, Jul 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltscrub

saltscrub Bristle Worm

I found this light on craigslist and I wasn't sure about it. I am looking for a new light so I can grow coral and other fun things. Does anybody know anything about them? Can they support coral? Here is the link to the ad. Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. saltscrub

saltscrub Bristle Worm

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

It would be OK for softies and LPS maybe.

5. saltscrub

saltscrub Bristle Worm

But have you used it?

6. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

We have a couple at the fish store I work at. The reflectors are low quality. They are no-where near as good as the reflectors that current USA puts on their NOVA Extreme fixtures. And the NOVA Extreme fixtures dont have the best reflectors either if that tells you anything. With that being said, you can keep softies and LOW LIGHT LPS under them as long as it isnt a tall tank. With 2 bulbs your not going to get the best spread either so place any LPS in the center of the tank on the rock work. In my personal opinion I would save the $50 bucks and wait till you can get a little better light. Unless you want to just keep softies and mushrooms.... and maybe a few easy to keep stony corals.

Just my 2 cents

1 person likes this.
  7. saltscrub

saltscrub Bristle Worm

Thank you! that helps a lot!! i will save up for an aquaticlife. or one that is 199.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

I have an aquatic life over my planted tank. I am very happy with this light fixture. The 3 built in independent digital timers are very nice. Wish my ATI had a digital timer (it should have for the price I paid for it. lol)