Do you shop more on the Internet or the local fish store?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 3, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Do you shop more on the Internet or the local fish store?

1. Internet.

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Local fish store.

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I am shopping more and more through the Internet. How about you?

2. Click Here!

3. Save_the_Reef

Save_the_Reef Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Personally, it depends what I buy. I buy more online for non-living items, such as powerheads, and for liverock...simply because it is much cheaper than the LFS. For fish, crabs, etc., I tend to buy at the LFS. Although I was thinking of buying some inverts and coral on the internet.

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

i really do 100% at the store unless i buy online and pick up...lol reefermadness doesnt have enough people to keep their store open to the public but otherwise i have so many good store... like 10...lol i really only go to 5 alot

5. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

I'd say it is about 50/50 for me. I buy hardware from the guys who sell at close to wholesale on the internet. And locally I buy the live goodies :) Of course I feel I have a large selection to choose from in a 35 mile area. Between Tampa and in town.

Jim

6. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

I do about the same thing. Any livestock, I would prefer to see and select myself. I will admit that a lot of times for hardware, I will go see it locally to check it out and then go to the net for best price.:) Although with Premium Aquatics so close to me, I find a lot of my purchases are there!;D

7. telman2010

telman2010 Bristle Worm

Same for me. Rock and equipment off the net. For live critters its the LFS for me.

8. Click Here!

9. mmakay

mmakay Feather Duster

I get whatever I can locally, but it seams they never have when I want it. As a result, more than half of my stuff is flown in from net venders.

10. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

80/20 mosty internet mosty Premium Aquatic. I joined a local reefkeeping society and we had are first meeting at a local pizza place. The LFS people knew about the club knew about the meeting and not a single person from any of the stores showed up. Way to build a customer base. Screw em.
    I shop at Petsmart more often than the LFS

11. APC

APC Gigas Clam

With the exception of my tank and stand, 1 fish, and a few snails, 100% of my set up is from on-line. I find it easier, and less expensive. Plus, since I travel for work, on-line shopping is easier for me. I am not in town enough to get to shop around locally.

12. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Amost all dry good are from the internet. Lot O Ebay.

Amost all live stock locally. That may be changing.