Do you like Guinness beer?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 17, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Do you like Guinness?

1. Yes!

65.1%
  2. No freaking way.

34.9%
  1. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Hey...what is that little plastic thing in a bottle of Guinness? We broke a bottle at work to try figure it out and.....

1. it was really hard to get that bottle to break and....
    2. we never figured out why it's in there.:confused:

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Never heard of this guy before...he is good.

That video makes me miss my college days when I took a semester in England. Many of those scenes I think were taken from the group I went with... Bunch of underage kids being able to get served:stars::beer2::beer2::beer2::beer::skull:. Good thing my parents knew I was not going to actually be studying there....at least not from books! Ended up tearing many ligaments in my ankle one night walking home.

I do miss the Cider from there! After a few of those, then Guiness actually slid right down!

Anybody hear of Shammy? I swear I think they made that drink up on campus just to see the Americans throw up! I never was one to like beer, but shammies were good, just I have never been so sick in my life as after I drank 1 of those, and it only took 1 to do the trick. Half beer, half Sprite. Something with the bubbles and fermentation...oh I am getting sick just thinking about it:sick:

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Probably some secret item to keep the Guiness from eating its way out of the bottle!

Guiness at work. Boy you have a fun place to work!!!

6. Boredm

Boredm Spaghetti Worm

It's supposed to be a freshness float gras. Guiness has prided itself on the head and well proportioned thickness of it's beer, the float is supposed to create both of those things without the tap. By the by, guiness tastes like stale watered down unhopped billy beer. Can't get behind it. Sorry Matt. I go for samuel adams or fosters. My wife loves Blue Moon and Sierra Navada... the fruity stuff.

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yes. Guinness is one of the best. It must be from a bottle. It must room temp.

8. Click Here!

9. ToboAqua

ToboAqua Astrea Snail

N2

It's a Co2 / N2 widgit

Basically it simulates a draft experience even though you are drinking from a bottle or can... it shoots CO2 and Nitrogen into the beer when you open it.
    Very cool

Oh, also I drink from a bottle and I get the widget out EZ as pie just inverting the bottle and using some needle nose pliers to pull it out... I save the bottles for home brew making.

Cheers!

10. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

OK:) well isn't that cool! I don't like the taste of it, too rich for me. I like Goldschlagger shots with sweet tea chaser. I have been known to drink a Beach Bum Beer though, when I can get a hold of them. My son says it's like watered down milller(it's made by bud though)

11. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Good call ToboAqua, it is called a widget, that plastic thing in the bottle. They're in the draught cans too. Fun times had playing golf or bowling on the Nintendo Wii while drinking a *few* glasses of Guinness.