Do you have a refugium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 3, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Do you have a refugium?

1. Yes

62.8%
  2. No

37.2%
  1. boostenmkiv

boostenmkiv Flamingo Tongue

15h refuge stuffed in my oceanic 46 stand with a ball of chaeto. Nitrates started around 30 and are now at zero and holding steady. I have noticed a TON..absolute TON of amphipods and copepods in both tanks...I also have started to grab my chaeto out of the fuge and shake it in the main tank once a week or every two weeks..its amazing to see all the "stuff" falling out! My mandarin loves me :)

2. Click Here!

3. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    `thats my only form of filtration! ac70 moded

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

You know, ive been looking to convert my power filter to a refug. Do you just take the filter pads out, add rock, cheato, and a light?? Would I have to put some egg crate to keep the the cheato from flowing back to the tank??

5. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

7. Row2fer

Row2fer Astrea Snail

yo matt,

it is absolutely awesome. I have a 120gal w/a 40 gallon fug reef/fish looks awesome. I bought a 60 gallon hex...struggled, and struggled with it. I bought a weir based overflow kit and now pump the water into it from my other tanks fug. Hex is in awesome shape now. I think the extra filtration plus additional gallons of water are your friends. my personal opinion plants are everything stable.