Do you feed your corals? Reef Chili? Coral Frenzy?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Ryan, Jul 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryan

Ryan Spaghetti Worm

I am debating weather to start feeding my corals or not.

I have been reading about Reef Chili & Coral Frenzy, are there any others I should look into?

Is target feeding a must with these products? Both say you can either target feed, or drop into a high flow area.

Any info or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

yes i would feed your corals. i like cyclopseze , and so does everything thing in my tank fish,corals,inverts. i usually dust the corals with a turkey baster. only like 2x a week or less. alot corals dont need food at all but most will happily accept it.

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I use RODS FOOD. I don't target feed though.

5. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

Depends on your corals. I have a sun coral that I have to feed daily. I have also been turned onto Rods.....we use the same LFS. :)

6. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

I have heard a rumor that Cyclop-eeze will kill an anemone... any truth to that?

--- edit ---

Also, I've been using Arcti-pods + Reef Prime. Everything seems to like it, corals included. I occasionally target feed the red and green lobos, but nothing else. I'm open to suggestions though- two lobos, gorgos, sarcos, zoas, bubble, clam, sebae anemone and a few fish.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  7. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Dunno, I use Rods also. I hate to sound like a commercial but it will feed your whole tank. It has everything from planktonic size stuff like oyster eggs to decent chunks of squid and other stuff. My tanks love it.

8. Click Here!

9. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

I feed mine either DTs weekly or Cyclopeeze. They love being fed, especially the frogspawn...it opens up like a baby waiting for a bite of ice cream when it sees the syringe coming.

They also like the green stuff I scrape off the glass...and catching the frozen stuff I feed the fish. It's funny to watch a zoa polyp close around a frozen brine shrimp...

I must be doing something right, all of my corals are growing like crazy in the main tank, they don't seem to grow as well in quarantine, but I don't feed frozen food in the quarantine either (no fish in there).

10. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I use Rod's also, a small amount every 2 or 3 days. And I don't target feed either

11. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

I have got to get some Rod's, my LFS doesn't carry it adn I really didn't want to pay shipping on it...oh well...not like I haven't paid shipping on EVERYTHING else they don't carry...

Sidenote, I did have a talk with the owners and they don't carry half the stuff they use at home, they are long time hobbyist but they've found that people here (in Arkansas) just won't spend the extra money on certain items, so they quit carrying things that just sat on the shelf and started special ordering them. They were so funny, couldn't understand why people would buy a $150 coral and then kill it slowly under a light fixture they bought for $35 at petco...