Do you and your spouse fight over the aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 27, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Do you and your spouse fight over the aquarium?

1. All the time.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Sometimes.

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. No.

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  4. It has actually brought us closer!

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Trickman2

Trickman2 Bristle Worm

For the most part no. She is pretty good about the tanks. She hates the fish stores but once in a while she will tag along and go with me. At one point I was pretty down on the hobby when I flooded the DI system and was thinking about getting out of it and she talked me out of it. Anyways, They may complain once in a while but we all know they love to watch :goldfish: the fish too. ;D :argue:

2. Click Here!

3. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

My setup is upstairs. Trickman's post reminded me of the time my RO storage overflowed. The bathroom is right above the living room and my wife called me and said "Michael, why is there water dripping from the ceiling light? :party-smi:

That did elicit some discussion! (mostly one sided :furious3: )

Came to find out that the stupid needle valve on the supply line would not shut off! I have since installed a ball valve in the line so I can leave the needle valve on!!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  4. 00nothing

00nothing Astrea Snail

me and my wife get into huge arguments over our tanks i think we are going to end up in counselling but its about wether or not we have sps and what fish to buy next ;D

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

its ok Michaelr5 i was only kidding all is forgiven :)

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I am also single, groovy and mad :)

7. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Maybe you should get together with Bruce. ;D But then again Connecticut, California. Long distance relationships can be a strain in themselves.

Mike

8. Click Here!

9. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

In my case, we argue about the tank but only when its time to choose something new to put in it. When i got back in to the hoby i thought i could bring her along at the LFS so she could "control" my spendings cause i do go nuts sometimes. But now the problem is i have to control her cause she wants to buy everything that mooves. So i guess im lucky in a way.

Marc.

10. 90_Berlin_joe

90_Berlin_joe Fire Shrimp

A new hobby that does not consist of any thing that can blow up, burn or go over 150 mph my wife is great with it. She picks out what to put in and i do the rest. Not a bad trade off.

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:LolLolLol

12. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Ha ha yeah. We fight a bunch. I get alot of " You have two tanks already, what do you want a fish room full of tanks for?" and alot of "Why do spend so much time/money on stuff for your tank?" to which I have learned to reply. " You know what's funny.... My tanks never complain about the time/money I spend on you. You should learn from their example." :laughy: