Do U ever ? $ spent on this hobby?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by KOgle, Dec 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Hey that sounds familiar ::) My dad and I are the only remote control gurus in the house...and I've noticed that those big fancy TV's have problems with the picture cutting out (as they get older) and other small electrical doo dads, where as the TV in my room has been there for 10 years and I have yet to have anything wrong with it. Hmmmm....interesting.

2. Click Here!

3. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

im a addddict and i love it!! ill will one day fill my whole house with aquariums luckly ive had few losses over the years i dont think about the money but if i did it wouldnt bother me at all. one thing i thought of is when i die how and what is to become of all my little creatures

4. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Well Kris my Foxface is on his last leg also. He was sucked to the powerhead again and Manda turned it off (I was at work) then she called and said he was stuck behind a rock. She couldn't get him so I told her he was dead & I would get him. Well once i moved the rock he swam away. Now after hitting the PH again he is sitting on the bottom of the tank. I'm wonderin if I should put him out of his misery...

1 person likes this.
  5. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

YOu could try tossing him my QT tank. It's not really a QT tank right now because of Jimmy's stuff being in there but it's worth a shot.

That sucks dude. Karma buddy.

6. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

He is almost done, if he doesn't die in the next couple hours I might hit you up on that. Thanks bro.

7. nallender

nallender Astrea Snail

I bought a new house and contemplated selling my stuff to make the monthly bills easier to pay.. but everytime I go down and look at the tank I quickly throw that idea out the window.. then I spend more on the tank. DOH!

8. Click Here!

9. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    until i started a reef tank i never thought twice about it,
    now a days i live in constant fear of power outages and the financial loss one could cause me tankwise,it's a little absurd to me really, i wouldn't hesitate to turn the electricity off entirely if it wasn't for the tanks

10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

There's a few things in life that I will never tire of. Flying, snow skiing, Bootay, beer, fish, and crochet. Ok not really crochet. God I'm funny.

11. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Hey speaking of spending money on this hobby...

My lighthouse controller took a crap on me last night. Think it was a power surge. So... PA doesn't sell those anymore so I've stepped up to a Neptune Aquacontroller 3. Otty loves his and I trust his choice...

$500 bucks later and I'm back where I was last night... of course since I was ordering from PA I got some reactor media and a new Salifert calcium test kit...

Good times.

1 person likes this.
  12. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

i wish i had a tank big enough that needed all of those expensive gizmos and gadgets... sounds like a lot of fun!