Do U ever ? $ spent on this hobby?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by KOgle, Dec 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Good lord, I cringed when I added up the cost on my tanks. I'm considering selling off my 65G acrylic since it's just sitting there unstocked with only LS.
    Thinking about my other hobbies, guitars and photography is no different. I also have a Gibson Les Paul Custom, a Limited Edition Handmade Gibson LP Standard Goldtop, custom handmade Karl Sandoval Randy Rhoads Polka Dot Vee, my first Ibanez RG before they became cheaply made, and a Peavy amp. I sold off my Marshall gear when I moved into my apartment, but now want to get the limited run Marshall Randy Rhoads Head and cabinet since I have room in my house now. :drool:

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

everyday...............

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Is that why your selling everything??? :-/

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

naw... selling boat cause it's in fla and we're in ga and we never get to see her anymore and the bike is cause he's never home long enough to ride, so why waste them by letting them sit.

6. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

I'm surprised I can afford my reef along with my custom Harley Davidson AND a 63 Volkswagen beetle restoration!! Talk about 3 expensive hobbies!! It's all worth it IMO

7. jason12345

jason12345 Flamingo Tongue

why do we do it.... easy so we have some thing to live for. giving up for me would be like dieing. were adictics, this is our drugs.
    i dont know how you guys are.... but its my WAY OF LIFE

8. Click Here!

9. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

yea at least we are not crack heads. :p

10. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I call it the cost of natural reef and aquatic wildlife conservation! :)

11. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

like Jay Z said

"one life to live, notice you get no sequel
    so i truly got to live this like my last movie"

:beer:

12. makinITwork

makinITwork Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have spent more then some, less then others. I spend what I can and try not to put my self in debt. When you have a loss, it does make you question things, but overall, what else will you do with the $$ ? if the money will go towards something more important in life, then that's easy to figure out what to do. if you are just going to spend it on a new hoby, it does not change anything. ( not to side track..) you want to talk waste of money. the hunk of metal and plastic with 4 wheels in my driveway that sucks down the gas... now those are a huge waste of money.

My last comment, keep it simple. the more complicated you make it, the less you enjoy it. Just like your TV at home, when you are the only one on the planet that can use the remote... then it's not worth it. Keep that tank(s) simple, they are much easier to enjoy.