Do frogspawn coral close at night?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by reefchaos, May 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefchaos

reefchaos Flamingo Tongue

i'm a lil worry that my guy is sick.. he was wide open ... happy as a daisy .. and when i turn off the lights he closes up.. all shriveled..

2. Click Here!

3. fays88

fays88 Spaghetti Worm

well mine deflates a little bit.. but not completely shriveled up...but not sure what there behaviour in da wild... that use to happen to my hammer coral.. i found out that my salinity was too high... what your salinity reading? are you using refractometer??
    gud lck mate!

4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

That's completely normal. No need to worry.

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yep, no problem, it's the only time I can count the heads and see if it's growing......

6. divott

divott Giant Squid

heres an yes to them doin that. mine retracts all the way in , then lights come on and its back to bein 4 times the size of the closed head

7. reefchaos

reefchaos Flamingo Tongue

what do all you guys feed your frogspawn? I feeding my frozen rotifers mix wid frozen brine shrimp... da lady at my local pet store say to feed it white snow.. or something call that.. she said its da best thing to feed it.. yes or no?

8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

i give mine some mysis couple times a week. also the marine snow every once in a while. but it also gathers particulates floating in your water for food also.