DIY Tank Stand

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Seano Hermano, Jun 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Well I will be building my stand soon(hopefully) & have a pretty good Idea of what I would like to build. If I can actually do that, is another story. It's pretty fancy. Here's my design.

front
    [​IMG]

back
    [​IMG]

I was hoping people could post pictures of their DIY stands to give me ideas. Thanks in advance. Suggestions are welcome. :):cheesy:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

4. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

no advice I can give but your design looks fabulous! That'll be really nice once it's done.

5. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

That looks pretty good go check out my thread in my sig not quite as fancy as your but hey.

6. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

here are some of mine.

Attached Files:

7. Seano Hermano

Thanks everyone. I've really put a lot of thought into this and would like it to turn out nice. Just making sure I didn't forget anything.

Jeff, your design is simpler, but I like it too. What did you use to build your frame?

8. Click Here!

9. jbb_00

jbb_00 Skunk Shrimp

looks like alot of work, but will be awsome if you can pull it off. my first question is why are there 2 skimmers or is that some type of reactor? second , what size tank?

10. Seano Hermano

It is the design for my 55g build. It will be awesome if I can pull it off. lol. There are actually two skimmers. The one on the right(as seen in fig. 2) is a Coralife 125 in the sump. On the left you see a skimmer for the QT, also located under the the main tank. This second one, located on the QT will be smaller than the one shown. It will only be used when the tank is empty or when Qing & not when using treatment if fish are ill. The QT will be a 29g, which is my current FOWLR. It will be bare bottom. just some LR in the Qt.

11. jbb_00

jbb_00 Skunk Shrimp

ok now i understand. my build isnt quite that elaborate and it is alot of work. looking forward to seeing it when its done

12. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

That will look awesome when it's done. will be following your build.