DIY Light Fixtures for Our Greenhouse Vat

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Palancarpets, May 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

wow 1000+ par

how fast did your sps bleach :lol:

2. Click Here!

3. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

i like your setup. thanks for the pics!

4. Palancarpets

Palancarpets Astrea Snail

First things first, thanks for all the comments. Glad to show off our piece of the reef, it is currently a 520 gallon system in our greenhouse. The system is comprised of the vat being the largest of the tanks, then a 100 gallon display, our 60 gal Acan tank, 30 gallon refugium, and the rest is sump and a couple of holding tanks. The system is constantly evolving with improvements I have made and still want to make. Most of what we have is DIY from the ground up. I need to start a thread on the whole system. We do have plans for a new greenhouse system that will have all the improvements and others we don’t currently have room for and also a store bought 220 gallon display tank.

At one time yes it was our main tank after we moved our aquariums out of our house, by setting up the system in the greenhouse it was a lot easier to maintain. Here is a link to our Acan tank.
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/our-new-acan-tank-72999.html

Back when we bought our par meter we weren’t into SPS, just softies, LPS and a good crop of algae. We have come a long way since then.

5. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

wow thats real cool can you make a thread on the entire green house with pics???

how do u keep the temp and huminity in there down?

6. Palancarpets

Palancarpets Astrea Snail

Working on the pictures and will soon post a thread after I do some more upgrades. As for the cooling I use a swamp cooler for cooling the interior of the greenhouse and a 1 HP chiller to cool the system.