DIY aquarium stand

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Flazky, Mar 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Flazky

Flazky Bristle Worm

Okay, My current tank I am not gonna make a stand for. I am probably just going to build a small cabinet for my sump as it looks REALLY messy out in the open. The tank that I am going to be getting is 125 gallon. So basically a flat surface for the tank to sit on is fine right?

2. Click Here!

3. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

yes, I put a 1/2" sheet of styrofoam under my tank, once filled it will settle into the foam and eliminate any low spots and support the seams evenly.

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

you can see it in this pic

[​IMG]

5. Flazky

Flazky Bristle Worm

Alright
    So today I went to home depot and I couldnt find any spruce that were 4x4.... =(...I will try to check at another location tomorrow. Once I get the wood, I should put it in my basement for awhile to let it acclimate rite?

6. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

They dont have to be spruce, just not pressure treated. I did let mine sit in the house for almost 2 weeks before I started my build, but 4 or 5 days should do.
    you may wanna chesk for lumber yards or mills in your area, but any Lowes or Home Depot should have them.